UBIQ, though known as the Robin Hood of Sound, is also referred to as the “Apple Bomber,” because of his works involving the Apple retail stores.
His first “attack” happened in December 2010, during the Christmas rush at Boston’s Boylston Street Apple retail store. Through unknown measures, he was able to gain control of the store’s speaker system for 15 seconds and played the Apple ringtone “Sherwood Forest” three times in a row.
At the time, the event was met with security concerns, but over the years UBIQ’s Soundings — his short concerts using Apple store speakers and the pre-made sounds from the iPhone — have increased in frequency. He has proven himself to be a globetrotter, with impromptu Soundings in major cities including New York, Berlin, and Paris, as well as in suburban malls in the middle of Iowa and Kansas. It is generally considered good luck to be present during one of his Soundings.
Reported Apple Bombings
- Boylston Street, 815 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116
- Bridge Street, 320 The Bridge St, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Biltmore, 2502 E. Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Country Club Plaza, 4712 Broadway St, Kansas City, MO 64112
- Fifth Avenue, 767 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10153
- Grand Central, 45 Grand Central Trmnl, New York, NY 10017
- Jordan Creek, 101 Jordan Creek Pkwy, W. Des Moines, IA 50266
- San Francisco, One Stockton St, San Francisco, CA 94108
- The Forum Shops, 3500 Las Vegas Blvd S, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Kurfürstendamm, Kurfürstendamm 26, 10719 Berlin
- 仙台一番町, 〒980-0811, 宮城県仙台市青葉区一番町 3-10-24
- Carrousel du Louvre, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris